Saturday, March 13, 2010

What is Case Management (Karisha)

Lets get down to what you really want to know. I am a Case Manager (CM). I manage a case load of about 60 clients. I work with the aged and disabled population. There are 4 CM's in my office and 4 in another office that also have their own case loads. CM's can be used in all types of employment. I am a CM for In Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) for an Area Agency on Aging.

The short version of what I do is
"I monitor and assess ongoing services"

The long version
1. Assessment of an individual to determine the individual’s:
a. functional impairment level; and
b. corresponding need for services
2. Development of a person centered care plan addressing an eligible individual’s needs
3. Supervision of the implementation of appropriate and available services for an
eligible individual
4. Advocacy on behalf of an eligible individuals interest’s
5. Monitoring the quality of community and home care services provided to an
eligible individual
6. Reassessment of the care plan to determine the continuing need and effectiveness of the community and home care services provided to an eligible individual
7. Provision of information and referral services to individuals in need of community and home care services

Next post I will share with you the responsbilities I have as a case manager.

No comments:

Post a Comment